The Technical Writer will be a part of a product development team. The Technical Writer's primary responsibilities will be to research, develop, and write documentation for a technical audience, documenting business scenarios, FAQs, and installation instructions. The Writer must possess a solid understanding of XML and HTML. The writer will work with the Documentation Manager and other writers to define writing assignments.
Roles and responsibilities
• Create documentation plans
• Research, develop, and write documentation for a technical audience
• Document business scenarios with accompanying examples
• Develop troubleshooting information
• Develop FAQs
• Develop training tutorials including samples in Java, XML, DB
• Work closely with development, customer support, product management, and various other teams to develop high-quality documentation for a targeted audience.
• Draft, edit, and publish content for multiple deliverables, including online help, system messages, FAQs release notes, and administrator support.
• Maintain content for and manage multiple projects simultaneously, learn the products, meet documentation deadlines and work independently with minimal supervision, and work as an integral part of the product team.
• Engage in continuous process improvements in content streamlining, information architecture with other team members and SMEs.
Required skill set
• BS/BA or Certificate in Technical Communication or BS in Computer Science
• Technical writing experience, preferably in enterprise-level software organization
• Experience in developing content in DITA and HTML in compliance with the requirements for minimalistic writing and content reuse.
• Experience in developing content in Adobe Captivate.
• Experience using Help authoring tools, version control software, screen capture, and tutorial creation software
• Demonstrated ability to assimilate technically complex information and to write clearly. Must have flexibility, the ability to manage priorities, familiarity with traditional and Agile software development life cycles, and the ability to interact with all levels within the development organization.
• Ability to handle multi-tasking and workflow disruptions, working as a team member as well as independently.
• Able to work well under deadline pressure and have an aptitude for learning new tools and technologies quickly
• Able to follow instructions and to oversee or modify a schedule of tasks with minimal supervision
• Excellent judgment, time management and decision-making skills
• Must be able to provide writing samples
• Attractive salary depending on qualification/experience/skills)
• Spot bonuses, and bonuses based on the performance of the product .
• Compensation revised in April every year to reflect improved performance and also to keep the compensation on par with the top employers in Moldova and Romania.
• Excellent opportunity to grow professionally on world-renowned products and projects of varying complexity
• Flexible working hours based on your understanding with your manager
• Training & development opportunities, certification
• Working within a young and dynamic team
• Sport activities, social events and celebration of major releases at restaurants, in the office, or on the nature, which adds to the atmosphere of friendship and cooperation.
Est Computer, founded in 2000, is one of the oldest companies in Eastern Europe. It was distinguished with the International Star for Quality in Geneva in 2012 for its achievements, customer satisfaction and care of its employees. We are located in Chisinau, Stefan cel Mare 171/1 (“Eximbank” building, vis-a-vis Kentford)
• Send your CV/Resume to email@example.com with copy to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Indicate full personal and contact data including your Skype name (since you will be interviewed from US), and the date when you revised your resume.
In your message text indicate the source from where you learnt about us (if you learnt from a jobs site, please, indicate that site). If you are recommended to us by somebody, please, indicate the full name and contact data of the person who recommended you.